- Comfortable, distraction-free, workspace
- Lounge, boardroom and kitchen
- Wireless Internet
- Laser printer
- Networking with local and international writers
- Reciprocity with other writers’ centres
- Coffee, Tea and filtered water
- Our secure premises allow writers to go for a break, lunch or a smoke, without packing up their laptops or other items, as they would have to do in a café, library or other public space.
- You can store food in the refrigerator and heat it in our microwave or toaster — a low-cost alternative to cafés and restaurants.
- Good desk lighting, spacious desks, ergonomic keyboard trays and comfortable seating make our Quiet Room a very pleasant place to work.
- Our inviting Lounge is filled with couches, comfy chairs, loungers, coffee tables, ambient lighting and a large bright window. We have a library of novels, manuals, newspapers, magazines and literary subscriptions. The Lounge is where community and conversation is encouraged and fostered.
- Membership at TWC gives writers instant access to a community of fellow professionals. You interact only with writers at TWC; there is no other place like it. The more writers use TWC, the greater their benefits.
- Many writers who work at TWC develop a sense of ownership: TWC becomes “their place” because the atmosphere is warm and friendly. Managing Director Jocelyn Hidi is a passionate supporter of the literary arts, and knows that writers need, to paraphrase, a “room of their own”.
- Tuesdays at 12:30 we have a Writers’ Lunch. Whoever is working at the TWC that day gathers at our communal table to share stories, collaborate, or just chat about all things literary (and not!).